top of page

How to Successfully Change the Sponsorship in Qatar - No NOC Policy

Updated: Dec 20, 2022

Did you find another job and are willing to resign? Aren’t you happy in a career and moving to another career path?

Whatever your motivation, you have the right to change jobs or quit your work, but you must take the proper steps to protect both your and the employer's rights.

Before you proceed, the Ministry of Labor as stated and explained the following prerequisites and regulations for changing employers.

  • There should be no restrictions imposed on the new employer that would prevent the transfer.

  • If the contract is fixed-term, the worker must file a notice 30 days before the contract expires.

  • If the contract is open-ended, the worker shall stay for at least five years and the notice period would be as follows.

- 30 days if the service period is less than 2 years;

- 60 days if the service period is greater than 2 years

Read our comprehensive guide on filing a labor complaint if you need to report an issue at work.

Accordingly, it was declared in 2020 that the employee would no longer require a NOC or No Objection Certificate from the previous employer in changing the sponsor law that went into effect in 2016.

For more information on how to change sponsorship in Qatar, consult Elite Projects.

To launch this process, you need:

  • QID card number

  • Mobile number registered under your name

  • Change employer form

Change Employer Form
Download PDF • 801KB
  • Attach a certified copy of the educational qualification and a license of practice for specialized professions.

  • Health insurance certificate of the applicant who is over 60 years old.

  • Change Employer Form signed and scanned with New Employer Company Documents (CR, TL, CC)

  • Resignation Letter (Signed/Stamp)

  • Termination Letter /Clearance Letter (Signed/Stamp) - if terminated

After preparing the required documents:

  • Go to ADLSA website. Click the button below to redirect in application page.

  • Login using your QID & mobile number registered under your name.

  • Enter OTP then click validate.

  • Fill in the required data, and select “Change Employer”.

  • Upload the signed documents in a PDF format.

  • Click accept terms & conditions then submit.

Please note that:

  • MADLSA will process the application within a week.

  • The employee & the current employer will receive a notifying SMS with starting the notice period.

  • After the expiry of the notice period, the new employer must initiate the digital contract.

  • Then the new employer will complete the procedures through Metrash2 or the Ministry of Interior website of changing the employer.

  • All applications are subject to all terms and conditions announced by the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs

  • If you come across any problems or technical issues, please contact technical support at the Ministry of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs: 40288888

Do you still have unanswered questions? Elite Projects is available to answer your questions happily.


+974 4487 0912 / 7022 0052

"Your Connection to the Government"

581 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page